Hurricane Season can be scary and overwhelming. If you've made the investment to protect your family or business with a standby generator, make sure you take the extra steps to make sure your standby generator is ready to keep your power on. Our Scheduled Maintenance Agreements check all of these items so you don't have to worry about them.
Here's a quick list to make sure your generator is ready for hurricane season:
- Make sure your propane tank is topped off.
- Perform a power failure simulation at your house to make sure your generator is functioning properly.
- Trim back all landscaping and remove all debris from the area around your generator to allow sufficient airflow for proper cooling and operation.
- Open your generator and make sure no critters have made refuge inside.
- Call Assurance Power Systems to set up a Tune up if you're not on a scheduled maintenance plan.