The Sales Coordinator is the “Director of First Impressions” at APS. You will be responsible for developing new customer relationships and supporting sales associates from first contact through to closing. The Sales Coordinator must have strong communication abilities to develop excellent customer relationships and understand the critical role they play in securing new business.
The Sales Coordinator will be educating new customers on the capabilities of standby generator systems and what options are available and function as a customer liaison, ensuring the customers experience with the sales process exceeds their expectations.
Persons in this position will also manage schedules for sales associates and provide support by processing all documents related to the sale and coordinate with the permitting department to ensure all permits are in order.
Persons in this position report to the Sales Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to inbound customer calls, emails, form submissions, and quote requests through vendor portals
- Educate and qualify new potential customers
- Enter all inbound leads in CRM database
- Manage appointment schedule for sales representatives
- Track new opportunities from first contact through closing
- Coordinate and execute closing packages
- Follow up with potential customers
- Provide administrative support to sales team
- Coordinate with permitting to obtain necessary documents
- Participate in meetings, training initiatives
- Provide administrative and clerical support
- Follow up on tasks and projects as assigned
Experience and Qualifications
- Must have a passion for providing excellent customer service
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, multitask and remain flexible to changing needs
- Knowledge of building codes for multiple municipalities
- Must take initiative and work well with others to build constructive & effective relationships
- Detail-oriented and meticulous
- Logistically sound scheduling experience
- Sales experience is helpful
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Customer Retention Management (CRM) software; Database software; Internet browsers; Estimating software, Spreadsheets and Word Processing
- Solid organizational and project management skills